The Career Centre is packed with information and advice on how to move jobs successfully. Here is an overview of current guides ready to download at the bottom of the page.
- Career Planning – Why do you want to move? Have you investigated all options internally before making the decision to move? What is your ideal next step? What locations will you consider? Who do/don’t you want to work for? When do you want to start a new position? All questions you need to have thought about and have the answers to before starting the quest for a new position.
- CV – You need to prepare a well written resume and where appropriate provide examples of work demonstrating your abilities. Below is a guide to writing your CV with helpful tips and advice.
- Interviewing – Preparation and interview style play a big part in a successful meeting with a future employer. Below we have attached a guide to interviewing including do’s and don’ts.
- How does your ‘Public Face’ look? – This section looks at how you are perceived on social media. Employers today will review your CV then google your name. What gets returned will reflect on your application. We give guidance about how to use networking avenues as a tool to sell you.
- A successful resignation – Resigning from a job can be a stressful task. Let us support you through this process with our recommendations of how to handle the situation.